- Reservation FAQs
Computer Reservation FAQs
You can make your reservation at the library using one of the Library Catalogue or Internet computers, or access the LPL website (www.londonpubliclibrary.ca) from any place you have Internet access.
To make a reservation you will need the following:
- A valid London Public Library card in good standing
- A PIN associated with your Library card
- Used your library card to previously access the library internet computer
No, but a reservation is the only way to guarantee that you will be able to use a computer at a given time. If there is time available, you can sign in to any reservable computer that is not in use or has not been reserved for another person.
You can reserve any amount of time up to your maximum of 120 minutes per day.
You can make one reservation per day (reservation can be taken in smaller increments) over a two week period.
- When you create your reservation make note of the details, Computer name, number, location, branch and scheduled date and time. If you have difficulty locating a PC please ask staff for assistance.
- You do not have the option of reserving a specific computer. A computer will be assigned to you at the requested location.
- Reservations are made on the ¼ hour(:00, :15, :30, :45)
- You have a 10 minute grace period in which to start your reserved session. If you do not access the assigned computer at your reserved time or during the 10 minute grace period, the computer will be made available for others. If you have difficulty locating a PC please ask staff for assistance.
- If you arrive early to the reserved computer, do not begin your session until your scheduled time. The system will indicate on the computer screen when your reserved session is ready.
- It is not possible to modify an existing reservation. Reservations can only be cancelled and a new reservation must be made.